22 Jan Strawberry Romaine Salad with Raspberry Poppyseed Dressing
RASPBERRY POPPYSEED DRESSING
1 cups of mayonnaise
1/4 cup of half and half or less
1 tablespoons poppy seeds
1/3 cup sugar –
1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
1-1/2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until creamy and smooth. Chill for one hour.
- Can be made ahead. Will last up to one week in refrigerator.
- Do not dress salad without me – I will show you a new way to use much less dressing and save calories.
STRAWBERRY ROMAINE SALAD
2 heads of romaine, mixed with baby greens, washed and torn
1 pint of strawberries, sliced
2 honey mangoes, peeled and sliced, must be ripe
1 small red onion, sliced thinly
2 teaspoons fresh mint, snipped with scissors
1 cup of sliced almonds, toasted with 1 cup of sugar
- Tear romaine into bite size pieces. Slice strawberries and red onion.
- In a medium skillet melt sugar, stirring only when sugar starts to melt. Pour over parchment paper and quickly spread almonds over surface of melted sugar; allow sugar to harden. When cool, break up into small pieces. I break into large pieces and put in a zip lock bag drawing out all the air with a straw and then use a meat pounder to make smaller pieces.