23 Jan Cinnamon Crisps
8 dozen Preheat oven to 325 degrees with rack in middle position.
2 cups melted butter (4 sticks) 2 cups brown sugar (loosely packed) 1 cup white sugar 2 beaten eggs (beaten with a fork) 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (good) 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon cream of tartar – must have 1 teaspoon salt 4-1/4 cups flour – not sifted
Dough Ball Rolling Mixture: 1/2 cup sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt butter. Add sugars and mix well.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature while you beat eggs and stir them in. Add vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Mix well. Add flour in batches, mixing after each addition.
- Use your hands to roll dough (I would wear gloves) into walnut-size balls. IF DOUGH IS STICKY, REFRIGERATE FOR AN HOUR OR SO.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl to make dough ball rolling mixture. Mix with a fork. Roll balls in mixture, and place on Pam-coated parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Flatten dough balls with a Pam-sprayed icing spatula. THIS COOKIE SPREADS. DO NOT PUT CLOSE TOGETHER OR YOU WILL HAVE A MESS.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes till just slightly golden around the edges. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, and then remove to rack to finish cooling.