23 Jan Chicken Boursin Bundles
CHICKEN BOURSIN BUNDLES
4 ounces Boursin garlic and herb cheese*
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 tablespoon chopped onion
2 tablespoon milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, beaten well
1 teaspoon water
6-8 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine Boursin cheese, chicken, onion, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Roll out puff pastry into 1 large square. Cut that square into small squares.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture into the center of each pastry square. Bring the four corners together in the center, pinching seams to seal. Twist top to make it look like a flower, bending back petals.
- Beat the egg with water in a small bowl. Brush the top of each pastry bundle with egg wash.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each bundle.
- Place bundles on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes (less if using convection heat) or until golden brown.
*MAKE YOUR OWN: 4 ounces cream cheese, 2 large garlic cloves, smashed
And ¼ cup assorted herbs finely minced with scissors. Combine well and refrigerate until ready to use. (Make a day ahead).
Medium bowl Rubber Spatula Rolling pin
Sharp knife Soup spoon Flat whisk
Small bowl Baking sheet Cutting board