23 Jan Cheesy Spinach Tartlets
Posted at 13:12h in Appetizers
Cheesy Spinach Tartlets
1 package Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts 1 teaspoon olive oil 4 cups packed chopped fresh spinach 4 ounces (1 cup) crumbled feta cheese 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg Freshly ground pepper to taste 1 egg 2 teaspoons flour 1 tablespoon diced pimiento
- Allow both pie crust to come to room temperature. Meanwhile, heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted and tender. Cool slightly.
- In medium bowl, combine feta cheese, ricotta cheese, dill, salt, nutmeg, pepper and egg; mix well. Stir in spinach and mix well.
- Roll out crust with a rolling pin that has been lightly dusted with flour to about 1/8-inch. Using a 2-1/2 inch cookie cutter, cut 12 circles. Repeat with other pie crust, reserving scraps for garnishing.
- Press circles in bottom and fit up sides of 24 ungreased miniature muffin cups. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoonful spinach mixture into each cup.
- Bake for 13 to 18 minutes or until filling is set and edges are light golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cut stars and holly leafs from dough scraps. Bake on parchment paper lined cookie sheet for 5 to 7 minutes in 400 degree oven until golden brown. Push ornament into tart and garnish with a piece or two of pimiento.