23 Jan Cheese Tarts with Apples
CHEESE TARTS WITH APPLES © copyright – all rights reserved
24 ounces cream cheese, softened, divided
2 tablespoons sour cream
4 ounces Camembert cheese
4 ounces bleu cheese
4 ounces Gruyere cheese
6 ounces toasted pecans, chopped
Sliced Granny Smith apples or Bosc pears or good crackers
- Combine 16 ounces of the cream cheese and the sour cream in a bowl; mix well.
- In another bowl, blend the remaining 8 ounces of cream cheese, Camembert cheese, bleu cheese and Gruyere cheese.
- Line two 8-inch springform pans or pretty molds with plastic wrap. Spread the sour cream mixture over the bottom of each pan or mold. Layer chopped pecans over that layer and then finish with cheese mixture on top.
- Chill covered for 2 days or up to 3 weeks.
- Reverse on a pretty plate and surround with sliced apples or pears or both.
- This appetizer can also be frozen, wrapped first in plastic wrap and then in foil, for up to 2 months.
Sharp knife Cutting board KitchenAid with flat paddle
2 KitchenAid bowls baking sheet 2 pretty molds
Plastic wrap Pretty platters