23 Jan Brie and Apricot Phyllo Bites
BRIE AND APRICOT PHYLLO BITES © copyright Marci Arthur
1 – 8-ounce round of Brie cheese, rind removed
2/3 cup apricot preserves
2 cups fresh or dried apricots, finely chopped
30 frozen phyllo shells
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
¼ to ½ sliced almonds, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the Brie into 30 – ½-inch cubes.
- Arrange phyllo shells on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Brush the phyllo with butter. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of apricot preserves into each shell. Place a piece of Brie in each shell. Top with a small amount of the chopped apricots and sprinkle with the almonds. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes Or until Brie is melted and beginning to brown.
- SERVE WARM.
Baking sheets covered with parchment paper