02 Feb BANANA BREAD
2 cups granulated sugar or Splenda
1 cup softened butter
6 ripe bananas, mashed (approximately 3 cups)
4 eggs, well beaten
2-1/2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add bananas and eggs, beating until well-mixed.
- Sift together dry ingredients 3 times. Blend with banana mixture but DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Pour into 2 lightly-greased loaf pans. Bake for 45 minutes to one hour, until firm in the center and the edges begin to separate from pans. Test with skewer for doneness.
- Cool on a rack in pans for 10 minutes before removing. These freeze wonderfully.
*This is perfect with the Chutney Chicken Salad.