02 Feb BAKED BRIE WITH LEMON AND HERBS
Brie is split and filled with parsley, thyme, lemon and pepper, then baked until slightly runny and fragrant. Choose whole medium-size wheel. Brie can be assembled ahead through Step 2 and refrigerated up to one day. When ready to serve, continue from Step 3.
1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
½ teaspoon freshly ground coarsely black pepper
1 wheel (2.2 pounds) cold ripe Brie cheese (around 7-1/2-inch diameter)
Apple wedges, grapes and assorted cheese
- In small bowl, mix parsley, thyme, lemon zest and pepper; set aside.
- With slice slicing knife, cut Brie horizontally in half. Remove toy layer; sprinkle parsley mixture over bottom layer. Replace top layer, rind side up. Wrap Brie in foil.
- Let wrapped Brie stand at room temperature 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place wrapped Brie on small baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Cool Brie on wire rack for 20 minutes. (If served hot, cheese will be too soft and runny.)
- Unwrap Brie and carefully transfer to serving platter and surround with apple wedges, pear wedges, grapes and crackers.