02 Feb ANGEL BISCUITS
5 cups all purpose flour
½ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup sugar
1-1/2 tablespoons live active yeast
½ cup warm water
1-3/4 cups buttermilk
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl.
- Add oil and stir to a coarse consistency.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and stir in. Add buttermilk and mix well.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to ½-inch thickness and cut into squares using a pastry knife or sharp knife.
- Place biscuits on parchment covered baking sheet sprayed with Pam.
- Bake in a preheated oven set at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. If using convection heat, cut time to 8 minutes.